Say No to Self-Sabotage
Let's face it, we've all had those seasons where we feel like our lives are in limbo, unclear of our purpose and even our identity. I know i've been there and man it was a rough season. But through it all , I saw the Grace of God on my life. And so I want to share with you 10 revelations that God gave me as I was going through my wilderness season.
1. Having a grateful mindset. Try to be happy in your position. Accept where you are and work towards where you want to be. Appreciate the small wins as much as the big wins.
2. Comparing yourself with the facade that is depicted on social media.
3. Trying to make yourself into who you were not called to be. Take time out to learn your passion and purpose so that you invest your energy in your calling.
4. Thinking that every negative experience you've gone through is your punishment instead of a learning and growth opportunity.
5. Trying to fill a void in you life with material things, status and prestige that only a relationship with God can fill.
6. Compromising your self worth and identity in order to seek acceptance from others.
7. Hateful, negative speeches: Constantly criticizing and speaking badly about others and even about yourself.
8. Waiting for the future, telling yourself "I'll be happy when.." instead of enjoying the journey.
9. Fear: Failing to pursue your dreams because of what persons may think, say and feel about you.
10. Lack of Faith: Faith is the substance of things hoped for evidence of things not seen. Without it persons tend to be limited by their current situation and circumstances leading to unhappiness.